Fresh Flower Care Tips
So, you just had flowers delivered to you!
- Keep fresh flowers away from drafts and extreme temperatures, which can quickly dry out the flowers and cause wilting.
- Do not place your arrangement near fruit or in the path of cigarette smoke.
- Avoid placing flower arrangements in areas with full sun where flowers can wilt due to overheating.
- Most flowers will last longer under cool conditions.
How To Keep Your Flowers Looking Fresh
- Keep your vase filled with water! All flower stems should be submerged. Flowers stay fresher, longer when they can get a drink!
- If the flowers came in a basket or other container with foam, add fresh water every day.
- Immediately remove dead or wilting leaves and stems from fresh flower arrangements.
- Watch your water. When it gets cloudy it’s time to change it out or every 3 to 4 days.
Changing The Water In Your Flower Arrangement
- First remove any dead or dying flowers from the arrangement.
- After carefully removing the good flowers, clean the vase thoroughly with soapy water to remove any bacteria that could cause the fresh flowers to deteriorate even quicker. Be sure to rinse thoroughly.
- Replace the water and mix in the flower preservative , according to the instructions on the packet.
- Next, cut stems with a sharp knife or scissors at an angle about one to two inches from the bottom. This allows them to better absorb water.
- Place loose stems or wrapped bouquets of fresh flowers in your water mixture as soon as possible.
FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST WE ARE STILL OFFERING FREE LOCAL DELIVERY + SPECIAL PRICING :) ON OUR BEST SELLERS
Aug 5th 2019